Categories

Sonakshi Sinha's Beauty Secrets via Vogue India

Diet basics: My diet is very basic. I just eat well. I eat small meals every two hours to keep my metabolism going. Breakfast: Eggs and paratha Lunch: Brown rice, two rotis and chicken or fish, or dal and vegetables Dinner: I try and cut out carbs and stick to just salads Guilt trip: I have a sweet tooth, which I try very hard to control. I’ll indulge once in a while, but I’ll make up for it by doing an extra 30 minutes in the gym the next day.  

Fitness Mantra: I follow a strict fitness regime of cardio and weight training three times a week, interspersed with kick-boxing and functional training.

Diva tip: False eyelashes. You feel instantly glamorous.

Skin rituals: I remove all my make-up and moisturize before sleeping at night. I use a Nivea moisturizer and Neutrogena Deep Clean Cleanser, and I drink lots of water.

Hair ritual: I go for an occasional olive oil or coconut oil head massage, which is really good for blood circulation. I also enjoy L'Oréal hair spa treatments.

Day & night: I try to keep my look very natural in the day—no foundation, just coral blush and transparent mascara at the most. And for the night I prefer a heavier eye; I’m a complete kohl and eyeliner person. I hate lip gloss, and will occasionally go for a red mouth. Lately, I’ve been fascinated by coral and orange shades.

Vanity bag essentials: Inglot Coral Blush, Inglot Coral Lipstick in 401, M.A.C transparent mascara, Chanel Matt Lumière in 50 Naturel, Maxfactor waterproof mascara, Revlon kohl pencil.

Heaven scent: Victoria Secret’s Pink body spray for the day, and Jean Paul Gaultier Classique at night.

Home recipes: Occasional multani mitti packs. I regularly use fresh aloe vera on my skin. Any bruises, blemishes instantly disappear with aloe vera, it’s the best thing for the skin.

Beauty icon: My mother. She is still beautiful today. And there is Rekha aunty. She is wonderful with her make-up. I tell her us young girls are constantly feeling insecure because she’s still so beautiful.

Red-carpet rules: I try out new looks each time. But that’s the fun of it; if I stick to one thing I get easily bored.

Fashion favorites: Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Narendra Kumar, Manish Malhotra, Vikram Phadnis

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS